Tuesday, May 20, 2014

On weekend walks and meeting my goal (sort of).


Braden and I had one of the most restful, rejuvenating weekends in a long time. Nothing that big or special, just a really nice time of togetherness. On Saturday morning we walked to the fruit market to pick up some juicing supplies. Our juicer is one of my favorite wedding gifts we received! I love that I can drink something delicious and healthy and know exactly what is inside it. 

Fruit and veggies
Turned into fresh juice! 
Next we headed to Long Island City, our neighboring neighborhood for a "Weekend Walk." These happen all across NYC. They shut down the streets to vehicles so pedestrians can walk around and peruse street vendors. It was kinda a bust. But we ran into our pastor's wife who recommended we check out the nearby Gantry State Park. It was amazing! 

Beautiful little island, don't you think?
At some point when taking pictures of the awesome view of Manhattan, I accidentally put some weird filter on my camera which was then stuck like that the rest of the weekend. Please excuse the terrible color of the rest of my pictures! 



Look who we ran into! Lucky for them this was taken on Emily's phone, so no weird filter. 








After a great day at Gantry State Park, Braden rented both of the Hobbit movies for me to see for the first time. I gave it my best shot but was asleep by 9:30pm.

The next morning we walked up a few blocks to Kaufman Astoria Studios for their "Flea & Food." This studio is where they film Sesame Street and it's literally on the street where we live. So I like to tell myself we live on Sesame Street. The inner four-year-old in me is thrilled. 



After realizing the booths at "Flea & Food" were the exact ones we had seen the day before at "Weekend Walk" (and being too embarrassed to ask for all of the same food samples from the same people again) we left to the gym. Next up was church and game night with some of our favorite married friends! Boys vs. Girls. Miraculously, they beat us. 




Overall, it was great weekend. So great that I never touched my eBay pile. BUT I persevered and, with much prodding from Braden, tackled the stack on Monday night. There are a couple of clothing items that I want to iron before I take pictures of, but besides those, everything is posted. I'd say I met my goal! Here's to wonderful weekends and productive Mondays.    




No comments:

Post a Comment