Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A way.


Anxiety. Such an ugly thing. I started noticing powerful anxiety in my life about 2 years ago. Braden and I were engaged and living 1,070.6 miles apart. I was making next to nothing at my first fulltime job and spending most of it on plane tickets and student loan payments. Even now that we’re married, see each other every day and make more money, I feel that icky anxiety a lot. The latest bout is related to our wedding photos of all things. I want a high quality photo album of our wedding photos and just can’t seem to come up with a plan that I like. I started making my own book on Shutterfly, got discouraged that it looked too cheesy, and quit. Then I realized we’ve been married for over a year. I need to make that book! I never made a book of our honeymoon photos either. Now I can’t remember all the names of all the places we visited. At this point the anxiety is gushing.

Our life group has been talking about having meaningful time with God. Last week we set goals for what this would look like. I decided to commit myself to a 14-day study on Thankfulness. This is what I read today:

“Have you ever faced a situation and said, “There is no way this can ever be?” Maybe some of these thoughts weight on your mind.

-There is no way I can handle the pressure at work.
-There is no way I can pay my bills.
-There is no way to save my marriage.
-There is no way I can go back to college now.

With God’s help, there is always a way. This is a beautiful truth to be grateful for. It may not be easy; it may not be convenient; it may now come quickly. You may have to go over, under, around, or through difficultly- but if you will simply keep on keeping on, you will find a way. Jesus said in John 14:6, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life.” He is the Way, and He will help you find a way even where there doesn’t seem to be one.” –Joyce Meyer in The Power of Being Thankful

A belated wedding photo book is a minuscule problem in the scheme of life, but I’m so grateful God makes a way. He’s more powerful than our anxiety and He loves us so much. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment